I didn't end up writing anything yesterday.
I guess you could (incorrectly) assume that I was revising for my tests in January that I'm stressing over so much, but no, I was absolutely not. I basically spent the entire day browsing tumblr and watching Youtube videos until about 3am, when my Close Friend logged on! I haven't talked to them since before Christmas so that was really great. We didn't talk about anything important really, just discussed fictional universes for a while and then we both took the Kinsey test.
After a while, we both got distracted by other things and the conversation died out and I was up until 4:45 because I couldn't sleep at all. I don't have insomnia, nothing like that, but sometimes I can't sleep and it pisses me off so much that last night I turned into a fiery ball of rage and tangled bedsheet.
Well, I think I did. That's what usually happens when I can't sleep, but I can't actually remember because I was just so tired. In reality I probably just went onto Facebook, saw that my friends J and L were online and bitched at them until I dozed off. I'm such a good friend.
But talking of good friends, that's actually one of the questions for the German test I'm not revising for: what makes a good friend?
Meine Brieffreundin heisst (name of Close Friend) und sie wohnt in Amerika. Sie hat kurze braune Haare und grune Augen. Ich schreibe ihr E-Mails und wir reden uber alles.
Sie ist sehr lustig, freundlich, und sie ist total lieb.
Ein guter Freund hat viel Geduld und wir reden uber alles, und ist nicht egoistisch oder eifersuchtig.
I apologise for the lack of umlauts and things, I've not got a German keyboard. But I've got to learn that entire paragraph, and about five others like it. By January 16th.
I'm going to go cry in a corner.
But hey, at least I'm trying! A little bit. There are kids in my class who after however many years of taking this class, still cannot use "weil" in a sentence correctly, or conjugate a verb. There are others who think they can go into the test without revising and just vomit out a perfect chunk of German.
I don't want to sound like that one kid everyone knows, the snobby smart kid who doesn't have to try and just says "Oh you should've tried harder", I understand that some people find languages hard, just like I find Physics and Trigonometry hard, and I'd be willing to try and help them. But if they don't even TRY to learn the subject, what's the point in taking it?
Rant over. I'm kind of impressed with myself though. I started this blog about two days ago just because I was procrastinating, and I actually got a tiny bit of revision done. While writing a post about procrastination. Well done, Bounce?
I'll see you soon - I'll probably write another post tomorrow, or in five minutes. I wonder how you get people to read this tripe?
Anyway. Goodbye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment